Well we all have survived our first week being home. Apparently we had enough practice in the NICU that we know how to do most things with Kayla. It's a good thing she was early and we had more then 3 days, like if she was full term. I also appreciate the fact that I am healthy at this point. Everything happens for a reason!!!
Kayla's first doctors visit in Lancaster went well. She gained weight and the doctor said she looked good. We found out her doctor was born at Abington hospital. Small world! Kayla goes back to the doctor again on Friday.
Last night was probably the best yet. Kayla seems to still think we should all be awake at night but she is getting much better at sleeping. We are starting to figure out different tricks to get her to settle down. Our stay in the NICU also taught and tested our patience which helped us prepare for these long nights! We are missing the NICU night staff!
For the first time yesterday, Kayla went outside for a very short walk to take in some fresh country air. We are looking forward to taking her to see the animals and Dwight can't wait to take her for a tractor ride. I think she needs to be a little older for that though.
As new parents we have discovered and are still discovering a lot. The exciting discovery of the week is that Pampers diapers have a little yellow line that turns blue when the diaper is wet. How cool is that??!!! I don't get out of the house much now so the little things have become exciting.
Love the photos of Kayla at home (and esp the mobile of Winnie the Pooh animals, great idea!!!). Kayla looks so peaceful asleep - Dot and Dan look very well and very proud. Say hi to them for me. Sounds like your stay in hospital with Kayla was helpful, you sound much more confident than I was when I came home with my children (35 years ago!!!). Keep the photos and info coming, I enjoy them and look forward to hearing your news. Can't wait to see you all sometime. Lots of love, Judy
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful (but I do think she looks like Dwight). I am so glad the first week went well. She will soon get the hang of sleeping at night. Kelly, you really do need to get out more. I feel a shopping trip is in store for you. We will continue to keep praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteHug and kisses,
Auntie Barb
I am glad to see her on the blog because I was without a computer for four days. I am always
ReplyDeleteavailable to baby sit if you need me.
Aunt Me
we need more pictures!!!!! we are looking forward to a window viewing on friday or saturday...
ReplyDelete