Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter








Sorry I am being a slacker again! I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted. Time flies when you are having fun!

Last Thursday Kayla had an evaluation by Early Intervention to look at her development. She failed as a four month old which was not surprising at all. She will have physical therapy once a month now to help with her fine and gross motor skills. Thank you for your tax dollars which are paying for her therapy!

My mother, father and Aunt Dottie were able to visit us for Easter which was a very nice break for me. Dwight went to the sunrise church service with his mother so that my mother, aunt and I could go to the traditional service. Dwight and my father stayed home to watch Kayla. Of course she slept the entire time I was gone so babysitting wasn't very hard for them! We decorated Easter Eggs which Kayla was not very entertained by. We were going to try an Easter egg hunt but we thought it might take awhile since Kayla isn't very mobile yet!

On Tuesday Kayla had yet another doctors appointment. She received several vaccines and had blood collected. She was very brave! The blood work showed that her iron level is low again. The doctor said we can wait and check her iron level again in a month to see if it changes. She said as babies grow their body requires more iron and it takes the body a little while to catch up and make more iron on it's own. We are praying that her body starts making more iron and that she will not need anymore blood transfusions. She doesn't have another doctors appointment for a month now. Oh and she has reached 8 lbs already!!!

Discovery of the week:
It's very difficult to figure out what clothes to dress a rapidly growing child in especially when it is 80+ degrees in April.

4 comments:

  1. I have been waiting and waiting. I even called the house. I am so glad things are going well and she is now part of EI. They are terrific. Next year, she will be hunting Easter Eggs. Thanks for the update.
    Love and Kisses to all,
    Auntie Barb (Boss Lady)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad that I missed Easter with you guys (stupid cold). I might come up Sunday to visit if that's ok. I'll give you a call tonight or tomorrow. I need a Kayla hug or punch in the face....whatever she is giving out these days:) Miss and love ya lots:) Auntie Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear all your news, was getting anxious to know what is going on. Happy the family were able to visit again, I know it means a lot to them, and to you all too. The photos are great, she has sooo many clothes - a very lucky little girl. Hope all the little medical probs sort themselves out. Thinking of you all the time, love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren wants to say "I hope you have sweet dreams" and "I like the pink ruffle outfit, it is beautiful!"

    ReplyDelete